Work Permit For Canada in 2020
Work Permit is an authorization granted to a foreign national to work for a specific employer for a fixed tenure. The occupation selected by the candidate should be listed in the National Occupation Classification (NOC). The Work permit allows a candidate to work and stay in Canada on temporary basis. Allotted for a two-year time frame, the Work Permit in Canada can be extended after fulfilling terms and conditions by the employer and foreign nationals. Fill this form to check eligibility for Work Permit for Canada.
Identify Right Immigration Consultant For Canada Work Permit in 2020 —
Candidates must crosscheck following three points with immigration consultant to check their trustworthiness
Immigration Consultant must have copy of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) by the employer seeking approval of hiring skilled professional from other countries
- Proof of recent visas/ application filed by consultants – It is difficult to secure a job offer in Canada from India. Candidates must crosscheck recent visas/Work Permit applications filed by consultant.
- List of references and contact numbers of people whom consultants helped to secure work opportunities in various domains in Canada
Documents Required To Process Canada Work Permit in 2020 –
- Copy of Passport including all stamped pages
- Foreign Worker’s job application must be supported by necessary documents like Job Reference Letter from previous employers during last ten years
- Reference Letters from current and previous employers mentioning job responsibility, length of service, positions held
- Copy of Original Educational Certificates
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for foreign skilled worker
- Copy of Original Birth Certificate
- Copy of Original Marriage Certificate (if any)
- Copy of Original Birth Certificate of children (if any)
- Salary Slips of Last Six Months
- Proof of adequate funds
- Copy of result of IELTS or CELPIP
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) issued from countries where applicant has lived in last ten years
- If the candidate is applying Work Permit in the province of Quebec, then an additional certificate of approval needs to be obtained from the Quebec government
Understand Canada Work Permit
Every year almost 3,00,000 workers from countries except Canada join the workforce on Temporary Foreign Worker Work Permit, popular as W1 Worker Visa. The work permit is a basic requirement for those foreign nationals who are planning to work in Canada. Since it involves counseling, evaluation, application, documentation and co-ordination it is important to understand steps to secure Canada Work Permit.
Ample knowledge on Canada Work Permit imparted by trustworthy immigration consultants helps candidates to have smooth immigration process, secure job opportunities and a shining career in Canada. Fill the form for various job opportunities in Canada.
Key Steps involved in Canada Work Permit
- Step 1 – Candidate must receive employment offer letter from Canadian employer supported by Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Step 2 – Candidate or job seeker must submit an application for Temporary Work Permit in High Commission of Canada
Besides above-mentioned two steps, several stages of counseling, evaluation, application, documentation and co-ordination are involved to ensure smooth immigration work permit process. The credentials of job seekers and the country he/she belongs also play a major role in this regard. Fill this form to check eligibility for Canada immigration.
More Info On Canada Work Permit –
Labour Market Testing and LMIA Application by Employer
A crucial step to be undertaken by the Canadian employer, Labour Market Testing serves ground to invite foreign nationals to work in Canadian organisations. This means Canadian employer seeking to hire foreign workers must advertise for the said position in local job boards as well as in Canadian Job Bank. If employer fails to find a suitable candidate in Canada they can apply in Employment and Social Development Canada to obtain a positive LMIA to hire foreign workers. Except charitable and religious work, LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) certificate is a necessary document for work permit migration.
Assessment of Visa Application by Case Officer
The allocation of Work Permit depends mainly on the credentials of candidates. Visa Officer assesses the applicant’s case and verifies all submitted documents. After clearing this step, the Worker Visa (W1) is granted to foreign workers. Please note that only Worker Visa (W1) visa guarantees a flight to Canada as well as to work there. Work Permit is only granted at the Point of Entry (POE) in Canada. For this, the Canadian High Commission issues POE Letter to the applicant.
Get Canada Work Permit at Point of Entry
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Officer grants Canadian Temporary Work Permit to foreign worker at the Point of Entry in Canada after verifying all relevant documents. Please note every foreign worker must carry Point of Entry Letter along with employment offer letter, copy of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) while traveling to Canada. Failing to do so can result in cancelation of Work Permit at the Point of Entry (POE) in Canada.
Validity and Mandatory Conditions For Canada Work Permit
Foreign Worker is granted a Temporary Work Permit for a period of two years, which can be further extended with mutual consent of an employer and employee. A Work Permit is always granted for a specific skill/job mentioned in National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code in Canada. Only foreign workers having prior experience in a specific skill/domain can secure Work Permit. Work Permit is a closed category, hence foreign workers are allowed to work for fixed tenure for an employer. If employee or Canadian employer is dissatisfied with the new job or services, then a new employer (job) should be sought at the earliest that can provide foreign nation fresh Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) certificate. The employee can apply and receive fresh Work Permit before securing another job opportunity in Canada.
Additional Benefits of Canadian Temporary Work Permit
- Please note that a Canadian Temporary Work Permit is only for those foreign workers who intend to continue working in Canada for a particular period of time for a specific employer. Post landing in Canada and working there for a year, foreign workers can also gain Permanent Residency (PR) status and expand the circle of your benefits like education, welfare and healthcare. Clearly, Temporary Work Permit is a stepping stone to get Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) status.
- Gaining Temporary Work Permit in Canada opens the pathway of Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) under Skilled Worker Category or one of the Provincial Nominee Programs. Hence, this becomes a win-win situation for the applicant.